Socrates and Friends at the Ancient Agora
Are you Interested in this Tour?
The ancient agoras were essentially places of gathering and exchanging, either material goods, or just ideas.
As a keen on “world merchant”, who advocated that only an examined life was really worth living, Socrates spent the best part of each day of his life in the Agora of Athens. It was where the heart of the city’s civic, the political and commercial heartbeat.
At this walking tour, we will try to relive and revisit various episodes of the philosopher’s life, following Socrates’ footsteps around the surviving ruins of the Athenian Agora. We will address various issues of spatial management, philosophy, political and social ideology at the heyday of Classical democracy.
Literally, all this under the blue Athenian sky!
Site Stops: Ancient Agora of Athens
This is a private tour. Kindly ask for an offer.
: Meeting Point
: Ancient Agora of Athens
Terms and conditions
* In case of cancellation of the tour by organizers due to force majeure, the prepaid amount will be refunded, within 30 days from the scheduled date of the program.
* In the case of cancellation of participation up to ten (10) days before the trip, the entire amount paid is refunded.
* If cancellations are made from nine (9) days up to six (6) days prior to the start of the tour, the bookings will be converted into a bonus for a subsequent excursion (for the amount to which they correspond and will be spent within six months).
* If cancellations are made from five (5) days up to three (3) days prior to the start of the trip, the bookings will be converted into a bonus for a subsequent tour (50% of the amount to which they correspond and are spent within six months).
* Otherwise, if cancellation occurs within the last two days prior to the start of the trip, the amount paid will not be refunded.
Video and recording of tours and presentations may be allowed with the organizer ‘s written permission. Photographic material and information, for commercial or journalistic purposes, related to the organized tours of KEDROS SA may be allowed with company’s written permission.
Cancellations or Date changes must be made at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled time. You may then reschedule once at no additional cost or fees, although venue ticketing restrictions may apply.
Cancellations within 48 hours of the tour are considered as no shows and are therefore non-refundable.